Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
In order for Jurnal Pengabdian Masyarakat to publish and disseminate research manuscripts, we need publishing rights. This is determined by a publishing agreement between the author and Jurnal Pengabdian Masyarakat. This publishing agreement deals with the transfer or license of the copyright to Jurnal Pengabdian Masyarakat and authors retain significant rights to use and share their own published articles. For submitted manuscripts, Jurnal Pengabdian Masyarakat is granted the following rights:
- The right to provide the manuscripts in all forms and media, so they can be used on the later issues.
- The authority to enforce the rights in the manuscript, on behalf of an author, for example in the case of plagiarism or in copyright infringement.
Copyright of Jurnal Pengabdian Masyarakat is also to protect the specific way the manuscript which has been written to describe an experiment and the results. Jurnal Pengabdian Masyarakat is pledged to its authors to protect and defend their research and takes allegations of infringement, plagiarism, ethic disputes and fraud. Moreover, this means that your manuscript can assure attribution of your work, by making sure you are identified as the author, and you can act as stewards of the scholary record on your research.